This new year has been kind of special to me… Coz am expecting certain changes in my profession and personal life… Hope i could achieve those are planned in my mind 🙂 With all your wishes…
So let me start this new year with one of our Tamil peoples traditional sweet made within few minutes and you can never find it boring or tasteless unless you have a worst appetite for sweets 🙂
Its Kesari…. It can me made in many different colors like orange, yellow, red, chocolate brown, strawberry and so on based on your choice of flavor by adding food colors to it and to be simple it can be done without adding any color ingredient too.
Rava kesari ingredients:
1. Rava (sooji) – 1 cup
2. Sugar – 2 cups or to taste
3. Water – 2½ cups
4. Ghee – 1 cup
5. Cashew nuts – 8
6. Pista – 4
7. Badam – 4
8. Kismis – 4 (dry grapes)
9. Cardamoms – 2
10. Kesari colour – a pinch (Optional)
- Take a pan and dry roast the rava till golden brown colour and keep it aside.
- Add 2 tsp of ghee in the same pan and roast cashew nuts, pista, badam, kismis and cardamoms till they turn into golden brown colour and keep it aside.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat with two and a half cups of water.
- Allow it to boil and add a pinch of kesari colour.
- When the water starts to boiling add rava and keep stirring for 2 mins. (Add rava slowly in continuous flow while stirring).
- Now add the sugar and keep stirring.
- Then add the remaining ghee, cardamom powder and combined well.
- Finally garnish with roasted nuts and serve hot.
* Sweet Bread-1/2kg
Methods to Prepare Bread Halwa
* Pour Ghee in pan and fry Cashews in Ghee.
* Then add Bread pieces in the Ghee.
* When Bread Pieces becomes brown color add Sugar and stir continuously for some time.
* Now it will become like halwa.
* Halwa is prepared you can serve hot.
Methods to Prepare Beetroot Halwa
* Chop the Beetroot finely.
* Add Milk into an empty pan.
* Now add choped Beetroot into Milk and boil it for 10 minutes.
* Add Sugar when Milk gets dissolved.
* Stir it continuously till it becomes like Halwa.
* When it becomes like Halwa add grinded Cardamom and Ghee.
* Beetroot Halwa is prepared now pour this Halwa into Ghee applied plate.
* Spread Cashwes in Halwa and serve Hot.
Methods to prepare Pumpkin Halwa
* Chop Pumpkin finely.
* Fry choped Pumpkin in an empty pan.
* Add Sugar when water gets dissolved in Pumpkin.
* Stir it for sometime.
* Now add grinded cardamom.
* And add Ghee, again and again stir till it becomes like Halwa.
* Turn off the stove and pour Halwa in ghee applied tray.
* Slice the Halwa and serve as hot or chill.
- Carrot – 250 gms.
- Sugar – 1 and a half cup
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Cashewnut – 8
- Cardamom – 2
- Saffron – a pinch
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Scrap carrot using a scraper.
- Heat 1 tbl. sp. pf ghee and fry carrot scrapings.
- Turn well and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add ghee if necessary.
- Now add 3/4 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of water.
- Cook well.
- When the scrapings get cooked, add sugar, ghee, cardamom powder, saffron and kesari powder.
- Stir well.
- When the mixture leaves the sides, fry the cashewnuts in ghee and add.
- Remove from the fire.