This new year has been kind of special to me… Coz am expecting certain changes in my profession and personal life… Hope i could achieve those are planned in my mind 🙂 With all your wishes…
So let me start this new year with one of our Tamil peoples traditional sweet made within few minutes and you can never find it boring or tasteless unless you have a worst appetite for sweets 🙂
Its Kesari…. It can me made in many different colors like orange, yellow, red, chocolate brown, strawberry and so on based on your choice of flavor by adding food colors to it and to be simple it can be done without adding any color ingredient too.
Rava kesari ingredients:
1. Rava (sooji) – 1 cup
2. Sugar – 2 cups or to taste
3. Water – 2½ cups
4. Ghee – 1 cup
5. Cashew nuts – 8
6. Pista – 4
7. Badam – 4
8. Kismis – 4 (dry grapes)
9. Cardamoms – 2
10. Kesari colour – a pinch (Optional)
- Take a pan and dry roast the rava till golden brown colour and keep it aside.
- Add 2 tsp of ghee in the same pan and roast cashew nuts, pista, badam, kismis and cardamoms till they turn into golden brown colour and keep it aside.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat with two and a half cups of water.
- Allow it to boil and add a pinch of kesari colour.
- When the water starts to boiling add rava and keep stirring for 2 mins. (Add rava slowly in continuous flow while stirring).
- Now add the sugar and keep stirring.
- Then add the remaining ghee, cardamom powder and combined well.
- Finally garnish with roasted nuts and serve hot.